I took a break from blogging last week for the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday. Here are the Finds for this week.
- Just in case you have not heard, Visual Studio 2008 has been released (ScottGu). I installed the released version earlier this week and everything looks good so far. The first thing I noticed was the very quick load time compared to 2005.
- Silverlight 1.1 is now 2.0. By Tim Sneath.
- Dan Fernandez listed the top 15 things to love about Visual Studio 2008 Express.
- Service Pack 1 for .NET Framework 2.0 is available. By Guy Barrette.
- Aaronontheweb shared 5 Hot ASP.NET Tips and Tricks for the week of 11/20/2007. By Aaronontheweb.
- bloggingdeveloper wrote a nice article on how to compress ViewState.
Software and Tools
- Odiogo can make your blog talk. By Mads Kristensen.
- I have been a long-time user of MSN Money Porfolio and stock charts but lately I really liked the stuff Yahoo! has been adding to their Finance section. Their new Flash-based stock chart is the best in its class. My favorite feature is the ability to drag left/right to go back/forward in time. Also their quotes are now streaming (AJAX)… meaning anywhere you see a price quote, it will be automatically refreshed. Real time quotes are available for as an optional service as well.
- To track disk space usage, my tool of choice is Windirstats. Windirstats is Open Source.
Tech, Windows Mobile, Gadgets
- Google has just released the beta version of My Location, a service that allows GPS like functionality with Google Maps on your mobile device without a GPS. It doesn’t work for me on my Samsung i760 though. I always get this error message: “Your current location is temporarily unavailable”.
Looks like many others are getting the same error as well.
And Now, Something Different
Be careful where you put your cellphone.