.NET Programming, C#
- HTTP Programming with WCF and the .NET Framework 3.5 is a good article covering HTTP endpoints in WCF 3.5. By Justin Smith, MSDN Magazine.
- WCF Load Test is an open source tool that can generate unit tests from WCF trace files.
- Source Code Outliner PowerToy for Visual Studio 2008 is now available. Via James Lau.
- Good tips on interview techniques from Dustin Andrews: Why doesn’t anybody ask me to code a unit test in an interview?
- Throw away that mouse and go mouseless with ASP.NET 2.0. Suprotim Agarwal.
- Quake 3 Arena Ported to .NET Managed C++ VS 2008! Greg Dolley.
- Add support for OpenID to your ASP.NET app. Mads Kristensen posted his OpenID implementation.
- How to Create a Database Object Programmatically in Enterprise Library, Painfully? Yang’s .NET Zone.
- Miked Esjardins shared his experience contributing to an open source project.
- Andy shared first hand tips on being a developer during a recession.
- Firefox is a developer’s best friend. According to Mohsin.
- [Tip] Option Explicit in PowerShell. Sharar Gvirtz.
Software and Tools
- Yahoo Implements OpenID. Michael Arrington, via Techcrunch.
- Microsoft Expression Encoder is my new tool of choice to perform batch compression of digicam movies. Batch processing is handled very nicely, especially on my new Quad Core PC. I used to use MeGUI/x264 before, but it was just taking too much time to work through the various bugs and issues.
- If you use OneNote, check out the OneNote 2007 PowerToys. John Guin.
- Speakeasy’s Speed Test is my favorite bandwidth tester:
Windows Mobile / Pocket PC
- Scott Hanselman posted a nice list of mobile-friendly web sites.
- The FT liveblogs the Societe Generale conference call, via Marc Andreessen.