12th February 2009
- Thread synchronization: Wait and Pulse demystified. By Nick Butler.
- Use a shortened GUID for file names and request strings. ShortGuid – A shorter and url friendly GUID class in C#. By Dave Transom.
- Top Ten Tips to Using XPath and XPointer. By John E. Simpson.
- Client-side caching for script methods access in ASP.NET AJAX, by Jeffrey Zhao.
- A very nice two-part introduction to jQuery, by Rick Strahl.
- A COMPARISON OF MICROSOFT’S C# PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE TO SUN MICROSYSTEMS’ JAVA PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE. By Dare Obasanjo.
- Silverlight 2 End to End Tutorial: Building a Digg Search Client, by Scott Guthrie.
- Fluid Canvas in Silverlight, by neo.
- Performance Improvement for WCF Client Proxy Creation in .NET 3.5 and Best Practices. By Wenlon Dong.
- A comprehensive guide to using MsmqIntegrationBinding with MSMQ 3.0 in WCF. By Simon Evans.
- If your WSE 3.0 Mutual Certificate Authentication web service runs very slowly, try setting establishSecurityContext to true.
- PowerShell Community Extensions has very useful cmdlets such as Get/Set-Clipboard, Write-GZip, Start-Process, Select-Xml and many others.
- John D. Cook’s PowerShell Cookbook has lots of useful PowerShell recipes.
Apps and Tools
- Microsoft Windows SteadyState (free) is great for maintaining public-access computers.
- Anatomy of a malware scam – The evil genius of XP Antivirus 2008. By Jesper M. Johansson. If you’ve had to help your relatives and friends clean up after XP Antivirus 2008/2009, read this very detailed analysis of the malware.