I had to do some SMTP relay troubleshooting and it wasn't obvious how to view…
- ReSharper 4.0 is released.
- Andre Loker shared a very cool trick available with C# 3.0: Getting rid of strings (2): use lambda expressions.
- Official Guidance: New Recommendations for Strings in .NET 2.0. By Dave Fetterman, BCL Team Blog.
- Scott Guthrie announced availability of Silverlight Beta 2. Looks like there are a ton more controls.
- Sending SMTP Email Asynchronously with SmtpClient.SendAsync().
- Igor Ostrovsky gave an easy-to-digest summary of concurrency in .NET Framework 3.5.
- Tools And Techniques to Identify Concurrency Issues. By Rahul V. Patil and Boby George, MSDN Magazine. Lots of good information on concurrency issues, how to analyze/detect problems, and pointers to tools.
- Did you know about AppDomain::UnhandledException Event? I didn’t, until my Windows Service started to die without even leaving a nice goodbye… stacktrace. Well there was this mysterious looking entry in the Events Log. MSDN.
- Add color to your Console apps with ConsoleColor. MSDN.
- Exceptional Performance : Best Practices for Speeding Up Your Web Site. Yahoo! Developer Network.
- 15 Tools to Help You Develop Faster Web Pages by Jacob Gube (Six Revisions).
- Nick Beradi showed you how to Turn Google App Engine into your own Personal Content Delivery Network (CDN). App Engine costs nothing to get started. Sign up for a free account, and you can develop and publish your application for the world to see, at no charge and with no obligation. A free account can use up to 500MB of persistent storage and enough CPU and bandwidth for about 5 million page views a month.
- An interesting look at Gmail client-side code: Gmail Client Side Architecture Part 1. By Sajith .M.R.
Software, Tools, etc.
- FireFox 3 is out. To get the most of of it, check out lifehacker’s Power User’s Guide to Firefox 3.
- Jeff Atwood discussed Physics Based Games.
- If you are a PC gamer, don’t miss Is the Market for PC Gaming Finished? by Aaron Stannard (Aaronontheweb).
- Battle at Kruger (video).