I had to do some SMTP relay troubleshooting and it wasn't obvious how to view…
If you are a subscriber to my blog, you may have noticed that I have not been posting my more “Finds of the Week” in the last 2 months. Well, I was a little busy with the month-long Euro 2008 tournament in June, plus a couple of new games (Crysis and Medieval Total War II). Finally the Olympics in August finished me off.
I am going to turn this series into a periodic (as in longer than weekly :-)) Interesting Finds series from now on.
Oh, if you want to know… Crysis is ok. Very good graphics and requires a hot rod box but gameplay is just ok. I am more into realistic squad-based shooters. Medieval 2 is very addictive.
- I can’t believe I didn’t know about ThreadStaticAttribute. While searching for more information on it, I ran across this interesting article on MSDN Magazine: Scope<T> and More (Stephen Toub) that talked about the use of ThreadStatic in System.Transactions.
- 10 Tools Which I Left After Using VSTS 2008. By joycsharp.
- NDepend – deep code metrics. By John-Daniel Trask.
- Windows Vista and Server 2008 bring us Transactional NTFS. Find out more with Enhance Your Apps With File System Transactions. Jason Olson, MSDN.
- 10 reasons why SQL Server 2008 is going to rock. By Angry Hacker.
- I am finding more and more things I can do with PowerShell everyday. The other day I had to “touch” a file… two lines is what it takes:
PS C:\Users\Cdo\AppData\Local\Temp> $f = ls testFile.txt PS C:\Users\Cdo\AppData\Local\Temp> $f.LastWriteTime = new-object System.DateTime 2007,12,31 PS C:\Users\Cdo\AppData\Local\Temp> ls testFile.txt Directory: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\FileSystem::C:\Users\Cdo\AppData\Local\Temp Mode LastWriteTime Length Name ---- ------------- ------ ---- -a--- 12/31/2007 12:00 AM 8 testFile.txt PS C:\Users\Cdo\AppData\Local\Temp>
- Euro 2008 Official Match Ball – special production film . Yes, I was a little obsessed with Euro 2008.